Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Best Names of the 2010 MLB Draft

Yesterday, we highlighted some of the fantastic names of the 2009 MLB draft, and today we'll continue with a look at the best names of the 2010 draft. With 1,500 players drafted—many of whom won't sign a contract and more of whom will never see a Major League roster—there are bound to be some fantastic names in the mix. We've chosen names that are funny, cool-sounding, or straight-up badass.

Round 1:
Kolbrin Vitek (Red Sox)

Round 2:
Marcus Littlewood (Mariners)
Drew Smyly (Tigers)
Cartier Goodrum (Twins)
Angelo Gumbs (Yankees)

Round 4:
James Baldwin (Dodgers)

Round 5:
Jablonski Noel (Padres)
Dickie Thon (Blue Jays)
Justin Grimm (Rangers)

Round 6:
Gauntlett Eldemire (Phillies)
Kendrick Perkins (Red Sox), different from this Kendrick Perkins

Round 8:
Dace Kime (Pirates)
Cameron Greathouse (Cubs)
Jabari Blash (Mariners)

Round 12:
Tyler Cannon (Indians)
Phillip Wunderlich (Rays)

Round 13:
Michael Goodnight (Indians)
Mark Christman (Giants)

Round 14:
Diego Seastrunk (Indians)

Round 15:
Thomas Girdwood (Twins)

Round 21:
Adam Liberatore (Rays)

Round 24:
Adam Champion (Astros)
Daniel Poncedeleon (Rays)

Round 26:
Chase Johnson (Rangers)

Round 29:
Patrick Lala (Phillies)

Round 30:
Zachary Nuding (Yankees)

Round 31:
David Goforth (Indians)

Round 33:
Hunter Carnevale (Mets)

Round 36:
Wander Nunez (Nationals)
Robert Dickmann (Rays)
Forrest Snow (Mariners)

Round 40:
Dale Cornstubble (Royals)

I was hoping to go out with a bang, but unfortunately the last 10 rounds didn't provide another Michael Monster.

4 comments:

Amanda Rykoff said...

Thanks Patrick. There are some great ones in this year's draft. My personal favorite has to be Gauntlett Eldemire. I would love to hear his home run call.

And please tell me Dickie Thon is actually the son of Dickie Thon, former Houston Astro. Though if that is the case, the fact that he chose to torture his son with his same name actually makes me sad.

Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse Spector said...

Excellent work, Patrick. I have to imagine Forrest Snow's parents lost a bet. But my favorite, I think, is Jablonski Noel... That's just lunacy.

Walt said...

Jablonski definitely wins. I mean, it's the guy's first name. And it's Jablonski! You can't beat that kinda nomenclature.

Post a Comment

There's No "I" in Blog © 2009. Template by FiveGorillas

TOPO