Anyway, the other day, I was driving home from work and while crossing the bridge into Cambridge, I saw a young man in his mid twenties out for a run. Thing of it was, he was only wearing shorts and running shoes. Now, running shirtless is nothing new or out of the ordinary when the weather is warm, but is it really necessary? It's not finally tuned college athletes who do it; it's always the guys with too much hair, are too pale or noticeably faked tanned, so on and so forth. What advantage, meanwhile, does the runner have? It's never THAT hot out that you can't some sort of shirt, especially not here in Massachusetts. And being shirtless would stop them from going into most stores to get a Gatorade or something. So basically, nobody benefits. Let's put an end to this activity. Shirtless Running: NOT SPORT.
I've never heard of WGN's Pat Tomasulo, but I gotta say, on this topic, I like the cut of his jib:
No comments:
Post a Comment