Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Oversized Fantasy Baseball Team + There's No "I" in Blog League

While going through the player rankings for our There's No "I" in Blog fantasy baseball league, I got a little distracted and realized I could make a pretty good fantasy team with only players who are, shall I say, a little on the husky side. I decided to make a roster of larger-than-life players, and here it is:

Starting rotation: C.C. Sabathia, Carlos Zambrano, Joe Blanton, Joba Chamberlain, and Carlos Silva.
Closer: Bobby Jenks
Catcher: Bengie Molina
First Base: Prince Fielder
Second Base: Ronnie Belliard
Shortstop: Jhonny Peralta
Third Base: Pablo "Kung Fu Panda" Sandoval
Outfield: Andruw Jones, Ken Griffey, Jr., Matt Stairs
Designated Hitter: David Ortiz

That's a pretty good team, right? I bet that team could win a few games, both in fantasy baseball and on a real diamond. Other players who I thought about adding to the team are Ryan Howard, Lance Berkman, Jose Lopez, Miguel Tejada, Miguel Cabrera, and Carlos Lee. I'm sure I'm still missing a bunch of good, rather large, players. The only really difficult positions to fill were second base and shortstop because the MLB is pretty thin up the middle when it comes to big men (yes, terrible pun intended). Anyway, so that's my hypothetical fantasy team. Being from Seattle, I'm thinking about calling them the Huskies.

There are a few open spots left in There's No "I" in Blog's inaugural fantasy baseball league. It's free, so if you'd like to play, leave a comment or send us a message on Twitter or Facebook.

* C.C. Sabathia picture courtesy of Chris Ptacek via Creative Commons License
** Prince Fielder picture courtesy of therealbs2002 via Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Eric said...

Personally, Ithink a 25 man roster consisting of exclusively overweight relief pitchers would be way cooler. Can I get a Garces Garces?

Patrick said...

But then you wouldn't get to see the likes of Prince Fielder throwing his weight around and hitting bigflies like only a big man can. But, here's a good Garces pic:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2Wkw0n/sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/03/05/manny-pedro-guapo.jpg/r:t

Eric said...

There is so much joy in that picture. So much innocence.

Post a Comment

There's No "I" in Blog © 2009. Template by FiveGorillas

TOPO