No doubt impressed by my 0-4 record in fantasy football (team motto: "What's the worst that can happen?") and my well-documented devotion to the best minor league team in major league baseball, Patrick has been gracious enough to invite me to write for this fantastic blog, which I've been following for a while and shall now cheerfully run into the ground. Get excited, folks!A few things to know as you prepare yourself for my personal (i.e. largely uninformed) style of sportswriting:
- As mentioned in the interview article, I am originally from Pittsburgh, which means that I dearly love all Pittsburgh teams. But not in that annoying, drunk-guy-in-a-Steelers-jersey-shouting-"YOI AND DOUBLE YOI!"-every-ten-seconds kind of way. Everybody hates that guy, myself included.
- I have never watched a full basketball game in my life. No, seriously. On television, live, whatever. It's never happened. Basketball's the one with the brooms and the ice and the weight, right? Will this year be the year I rectify my ignorance? And will I blog about it? Who knows?! (i.e. yeah, probably.)
- I am probably the least stats-minded human being on the face of the Earth. Math and I got in a fight in high school, and it kicked my ass. This may also explain my current fantasy football showing, which I will almost certainly be blogging about, as well.
I am incredibly pumped to be able to join the other fine writers on this blog, and become what I can only assume is the first human being to ever discuss poorly formed, homerism-influenced sports opinions on the internet. Let the trail-blazing commence!
No comments:
Post a Comment