Sunday, August 30, 2009

Alex's Bowl Picks

It is currently August 30. Half of these will already be obsolete by Columbus Day, and the rest will be derelict by the time I'm dressing up as Indiana Jones's father for Halloween. (Good idea, right? Thanks.) You'll note that I have a somewhat surprising pick in the BCS Championship Game. Although I can justify this in a number of different ways by citing this team's talented upperclassmen and advantageous schedule, I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm a pathetic homer and fan. But, hey, these are my picks; you can make your own, or feel free to blast away at mine. After all, that's what August is for. (Note: If you're an Ohio State fan, you may want to turn away...now.)

BCS National Championship Game AKA Try to Forget We Don't Have a Playoff System: Penn State vs. Florida
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Michigan State
Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs. Alabama
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Sugar Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Oklahoma State

Capital One: Iowa vs. LSU
Gator: UNC vs. Cincinnati
Cotton: Oklahoma vs. Georgia
Outback: Ohio State vs. Arkansas
International: South Florida vs. Western Michigan
Liberty: Houston vs. Auburn
Meineke Car Care: Boston College vs. Rutgers
Chick-Fil-A: Clemson vs. Tennessee
Independence: Texas Tech vs. Vanderbilt
Sun: Oregon vs. Charlie Weis Should've Stayed in New England
Music City: Georgia Tech vs. South Carolina
Holiday: Nebraska vs. California
Emerald: Miami (FL) vs. Oregon State
Alamo: Missouri vs. Illinois
Texas: Baylor vs. Navy
Humanitarian: Colorado State vs. Boise State
Insight: Kansas vs. Minnesota
Champs Sports: Florida State vs. Northwestern
Motor City: Michigan vs. Central Michigan (the bitter rivalry continues?)
Hawaii: East Carolina vs. Fresno State
Armed Forces: BYU vs. Southern Miss
Las Vegas: Utah vs. Arizona State
Poinsettia: TCU vs. UCLA
GMAC: Maryland vs. Buffalo
New Orleans: Memphis vs. Troy (get tickets while they last)
Papa Johns: Pitt vs. Kentucky (too bad it's not basketball)
New Mexico: UNLV vs. Nevada
St. Petersburg (Florida, not Russia): UConn vs. Tulsa
Eagle Bank: NC State vs. Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's No "I" in Blog © 2009. Template by FiveGorillas

TOPO