Friday, November 12, 2010

Handoffs

Handoffs is a weekly roundup of sports stories and blog posts gathered from around the interwebs that we find interesting, informative, and entertaining.

The New York Times has a great article about University of North Carolina's approach to preventing head trauma in football players.

Philadelphia sports fans were allowed to raid the old Spectrum arena—via The 700 Level.

The Blazers have shattered Greg Oden into a billion tiny pieces, but don't worry, this is from The Onion, so it's not real.



The following links are all Dave Niehaus related. He was a great announcer and a constant voice in my life for many, many years.

Awful Announcing recalls one of Niehaus's "most excitable moments."

Sports Designers has a nice scan of the Seattle Times sports page tribute to Niehaus.

More from the Seattle Times: A brief collection of Niehaus's most memorable calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links to the Dave Niehaus stuff. I loved listening to him call games when I lived in the NW.

Post a Comment

There's No "I" in Blog © 2009. Template by FiveGorillas

TOPO